Critical finance studies conference 2023.
Institute for Mediterranean Studies, Crete, 21-23 June.
The Critical Finance Studies conference goes to Crete next year. The 2023 conference will take place at the Institute for Mediterranean Studies in Rethymno. The organisers are encouraging work that “seeks to engage finance in new and critical ways”.
Confirmed keynote addresses:
- Teresa Heffernan on ‘AI as the New Oil’
- Paul Langley on ‘FinTech Capitalism’
Possible topics for papers and panels include (but are not limited to):
- Finance, art, and philosophy
- Finance, public health, pandemics
- Theology of finance
- Finance and education
- Finance, rural communities, farming
- Finance and ethics
- Gambling/gaming and (public) finance
- Finance and visualization
- Finance and subjectivity
- Finance and play
- Boundaries of finance
- Sustainable finance
- Finance and value
The application deadline is 1 February 2023. Submission guidelines and a blurb for the conference are available here.