Critical finance studies conference 2020.
Virtual get-together, 27-28 August.
This year the annual Critical Finance Studies conference goes online. This event will include online keynote sessions by Gargi Bhattacharyya (University of East London) and Annie McClanahan (University of California, Irvine), online panels, and networking sessions.
Topics could include but are not limited to:
- Finance and the environment
- Critical finance in times of COVID-19
- Racial capitalism and finance
- Gender and financial capitalism
- Financialization and climate change
- Finance and the rise of populism
- Financialization and the Global South
- Risk societies and cultures of volatility
- Art and finance
- De-financialization and divestment strategies
- Financialization and subjectivity
There will be two ways to participate: either by submitting a video or audio presentation, or by sending in a paper. The application deadline is 15 June 2020. Submission guidelines and a full blurb for the conference are available here.