Cultures and spaces of debt and finance.
University of Arizona, 10-11 May 2019.
The University of Arizona’s Cultural and Critical Theory program will be hosting a conference in Tucson this May and is inviting paper proposals from across the full range of disciplinary perspectives. Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Anthony Alvarez, co-author of Credit Where It’s Due – Russell Sage, 2019
- Karen Ho, author of Liquidated – Duke, 2009
- Miranda Joseph, author of Debt to Society – Minnesota, 2014
Organisers are encouraging submissions on debt and finance in relation to the following themes (among others):
- Popular culture
- Refugees and migrants
- Education and social reproduction
- New forms of payment and currency
- Dispossession and accumulation
- Economic citizenship and class struggle
- Emotion and affect
- Justice and punishment
- Race and racial capitalism
- Nature and climate change
The application deadline is 31 March 2019. Further submission guidelines and a more detailed list of proposed topics can be found here: cfp-culturespaces-2019.