Critical macro-finance workshop.
Goldsmiths, University of London, 9-10 September 2019.
Warwick Critical Finance Group and Goldsmiths Political Economy Research Centre are co-organising a two-day workshop later this year to explore the seam between critical macro-finance and IPE. Instead of the standard panel and paper presentation format, the organisers are inviting academics who work broadly within the field of critical macro-finance to submit papers that can be used as a basis for discussion of one or more of the following themes:
- How can we politicise critical macro-finance?
- How can we historicise critical macro-finance?
- How does critical macro-finance relate to and inform geopolitics/IPE?
- How does critical macro-finance relate to and inform discussions on the Global South?
- How does critical macro-finance relate to the literature on financialisation?
Accepted papers will be divided into these themes and authors will be asked to give a brief presentation of their papers. However, the main focus of the event is placed on informed debates on the questions posed above between the authors as well as other participants.