Critical finance studies conference 2019.
Birmingham Business School, 7-9 August.
The Critical Finance Studies conference goes to Birmingham this year, and the organisers are explicitly encouraging papers that develop “radically novel ways of thinking and comprehending finance”.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- Finance and the environment
- Responsible banking and finance
- Finance simulations, dissimulations, and truth games
- Finance, utopias, and heterotopias
- Money and finance in history
- Financialization and the subject
- Finance, the arts, and architecture
- Finance and play, games, and gambling
- Finance education
The application deadline is 15 April 2019. Submission guidelines and a blurb for the conference are available here.